Located at the northeast coast of Pulau Ubin, Chek Jawa is no doubt one of the best intertidal sites in Singapore for nature appreciation and biodiversity conservation. With its special location and interesting background, Sunrise at Chek Jawa will also be an unusual experience for most nature photographers in Singapore. To support the ongoing Pesta Ubin event, Nature Photographic Society (Singapore) will be organizing a nature photographic outing to Chek Jawa over this weekend.
Meeting Place: Changi Point Ferry Terminal
Date & Time: 7:30pm, 16 June 2017, Friday
The details of the event schedules are listed below
- 7:30pm (16/06): All participants (15 in total, with photographic gears, overnight luggage and sleeping bag) to meet at Changi Point Ferry Terminal
- 8:15pm: Vans pick up from Ubin Jetty.
- 8:30pm Arrive at Ubin Living Lab (ULL); overnight stay at ULL (Empty room with air-con, water dispensers only)
- 5:45am (17/06): Vans pick up from ULL; and send participants to Chek Jawa. Overnight luggage to be kept at ULL.
- 6:00am: Arrive at Chek Jawa and start preparation for Sunrise Photography; Sunrise expected at 6:50am.
- 7:15am: All to be divided into 3 groups and guided by trip leaders for Intertidal Macro Photography.
- 10:30am: Vans pick up at Chek Jawa, move to ULL to collect overnight luggage before sending all to Ubin Jetty.
- 11:30am: At Ubin Jetty for departure.
Due to the sensitive of the habitats, the outing is limited to 12 participants. Photographers who wish to take up the challenge and enjoy the funs with NPSS to stay overnight at Pulau Ubin and grab this rare opportunity to capture the unique Chek Jawa scenery, please sign up through this Registration Form
NPSS is a registered photographic society in Singapore. It was formed in 2000. The Society is made up of volunteers from all walks of life, with the aim of creating an interest in preserving the beauty of the natural world through photography, we welcome every nature and photography enthusiast to join us in this endeavour.
Cai Yixiong, Lee Yan Leong & C. K. Lim
Nature Photographic Society (Singapore)
What to bring:
Sleeping bag, torch light for overnight stay; cloths for changes; water bottles, food for breakfast, diving shoe, or sport shoe/tracking shoe for intertidal walk; photographic gears, e.g. tripod, cameras, macro lens for intertidal, wide angle lens for sunrise, various filters, black card, etc..
Ethics in field
– Be considerate to passerby fellow photographers.
– Do not destroy or damage the environment or habitat where photographic subjects are located.
– Stay on existing roads, trails, and paths to photograph; otherwise keep habitat disturbance to a minimum.
– Do not litter in the field. Take nothing but photographs and videos, leave nothing but footprints.
– Trip leader will inform you of last minute changes to the outing through your contact no. (e.g. change of schedule due to unforeseen circumstance).
– Please stick to the group for intertidal photography.
– Please do not explore an unknown path alone or venture too far out of the designated route.
Please read the disclaimer before joining this outing :
Limitation of liability: By participating in the outing, you agree not to hold any member of the NPSS responsible from and against any injuries, damages, claims, actions, loss of personal property or life and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising out of your participation during the course of the outing