• This topic has 415 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of birdiebirdie

Hello folks,
    Greetings from New Zealand!
    Grrrrh… it’s getting colder and colder everyday.

Hope I can get out of here and be in some place warm like Singapore!! I will be China soon anyway by the time it gets very cold in July.

Anyway, folks, a few friends of mine are visiting Singapore for a couple of days enroute to Mother England. They asked me if I knew what prices of the 5D Mk2 are in SIngapore (as if I knew). I was hoping if you good people might be able help (please).

How much does this camera costs in Singapore?

Thanks and much appreciated.

birdie swivering

Hi Swivering Birdie, :D

It should be around S$3.8 to 3.9K with local Singapore warranty. For those that are grey set (no warranty) should be around S$3.7K. Han just bought a set, may be you can PM him to see what special price TKfoto gave him. BTW, if someone is going to HK, it should be cheaper to get the camera at HK.

Cheers,

hot & sweaty SC :D

Hi SC,
    Thanks heap for that lightning reply … I didn’t even see it coming! :applause:

You mean it’s cheaper in HK? Those folks aren’t going to HK … I told them to come back via HK but they chose instead for LA.

It should be around S$3.8 to 3.9K with local Singapore warranty. For those that are grey set (no warranty) should be around S$3.7K. Han just bought a set, may be you can PM him to see what special price TKfoto gave him. BTW, if someone is going to HK, it should be cheaper to get the camera at HK.

not sure the above prices are inclusive of GST or not…visitors to spore can claim GST refund (7%) when leaving spore at the airport (make sure to tell the seller to issue you a special form/receipt to make the GST claim)

PP,

you are correct, without the GST, I think the price should be almost the same as what you can get in HK.

Cheers,
    SC

Hmmmm…looks like things aren’t any cheaper in Singapore. Even HK, for that matter, isn’t that cheaper anymore.

Looks like those folks might have to buy in NZ instead … at least they have got the local guarantee and if anything happens, they are protected. They better not be ‘penny wise and pound foolish’.

Much appreciated folks. You guys are a lovely bunch of people.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]