• This topic has 1,281 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sleepycatsleepycat

Hi all,

Sometime ago I posted this full frame (uncropped) pic of butterfly with egg:
    viewtopic.php?f=10&t=228&p=1272&hilit=eggs#p1272" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Viewing the TIF file at 100%,I find the bg of this butterfly image heavily dotted with dark specks. (see screen shot below) :cry:

Is this normal for 40D? Is it due to my in-camera RAW parameters –the "sharpness" set to maximum? Do you think its advisable to turn on "noise reduction" feature in 40D to improve this aspect?

Hope to get some answers and advice. Thanks in advance!
    chromatic aberration in green bg.JPG

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Darren,

I can’t see much Chromatic Aberration from your 100% crop, I do not think the CA is that bad in your image. I get a lot worst CA particularly in backlit or with bright BG condition. Anyway, there are ways to correct that in Photoshop. You can try this:
    http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/10.0/help.html?content=WS0B9A44BF-63F1-498c-936F-3CB7B4DE0FEB.html

Cheers,
    SC

thanks SC, another photographer in another forum told me its actually sharpening artifacts, not CA.

Profile photo of hanYeo, Wee Han
    Spectator

Darren,

For the parameters, I have everything set to 0. Sharpness maximum is no point and this does look like artifacts. Frankly speaking, I myself dun worry too much about what things are at 100%. If I want a test, I send a good file to Studio Friend and ask Beng Chye to print one large one for me. If it looks good, my heart is at ease.

Cheers

Han

Han,
    thanks for the pointers. Usually I don’t look at image 100%. This is for stock photo site prep for image submission.
    Anyway, I did submit a hi-res jpeg to the site and waiting for the QC to come back.
    Thanks….I think with all the infos and advice I am also more at ease. ;)

Han,
    thanks for the pointers. Usually I don’t look at image 100%. This is for stock photo site prep for image submission.
    Anyway, I did submit a hi-res jpeg to the site and waiting for the QC to come back.
    Thanks….I think with all the infos and advice I am also more at ease. ;)

The following media have now been processed by Alamy.

DATE RECEIVED ALAMY MEDIA REF STATUS

28/11/2008 OL289231 Passed QC

Yippee.

Profile photo of hanYeo, Wee Han
    Spectator

Congrats Darren! Time to process a few thousand more images for submission! :P

Cheers

Han

Profile photo of stingReystingRey
    Spectator

Congrats Sleepycat.
    Think you would have more sleepless night doing PP. :D

Han,thanks. However,for traditional stock the images worth uploading come slower than microstocks.

Rey, you are right about the sleepless nights. ;)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]