• This topic has 4,206 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mingming

Eric,
    I will recommend a 8x instead of 10x unless you have steady arms. It is much easier to spot birds and there is not much "motion blur". A 8x monarch is a pretty good "investment". If budget is not a concern, go for one that is waterproof. Like what pp said, test them during poor lighting and you will see the difference between a 2k and "cheapo" bino. Unfortunately, most shops in Singapore do not have good testing grounds.

SC,
    Don’t peep into a Swaroski scope. You will want to trade your 500mm for it.

Profile photo of erictanerictan

thanks again… most likely will get a 8X bino then…
    $2k is too much for me to pay now, so will get a non-sawasoki one..
    eric :)

Profile photo of LuennyLuenny

Just want to share some info I got about bino from this website.

http://www.astronomics.com/main/category.asp/catalog_name/Christophers/category_name/22DSS4TXW53Q9LMMHWBSGNQV75/Page/1

I’m thinking of going for cheaper alternative like the Bushnell Legend 8×42. Anybody has any experience with this one?

very good read from the website posted by WLon selecting & understand bino (thanks!)….(it is a very long read though, but very good :kudos thumbsup: )…the products reviews are very good too, but dont get poisoned…. :twisted:

Here is one good article from birder point of view:
    http://www.birds.cornell.edu/Publications/LivingBird/Winter2005/Age_Binos.html

Cheers,
    SC

Profile photo of fugreefugree

Hi guys,
    I’m travelling to Singapore very soon and so I really need your help please :razz:

My question is: How much do Nikon Monarch 8×42 (new model) cost to buy in Singapore local shops these days?

and which are to go shopping for them ?

Thank you in advance :smile:

I believe it cast around S$400+/-. You can get them at TK Foto (Funan Centre), Cathay Photo (Peninsular Plaza) or Lords (Lucky Plaza).

Cheers,
    SC

Profile photo of fugreefugree

Thank you SC .. really appreciate it :)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]