• This topic has 744 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Low, Mun Kit PeterLow, Mun Kit Peter
    Participant

Need some advice.

What colour setting should I use for PS CS3? Recently, found that when I upload my photo from iPhoto into PS CS3, the colour appears very dull compared to previous times. Not sure if I accidentally adjusted the setting.

Thanks.

Peter Low

Peter,

What is your color setting in CS3? I would recommend AdobeRGB instead of sRGB, unless you only do web posting.

Cheers,
    SC

Participant

Hi SC,

Thanks for the info. I set it to Adobe RGB (1998) but the colour on my screen is still rather dull. Does it matter if I am using a Mac and not a PC?

Regards

Peter Low

Peter,

I am using iMac and do not have any problem. Although I use Aperture as my organizer, but I just tried iPhoto, the color on iPhoto seems to match those that I open in PS4. Attached is the comparison. On the left is opened in PS4, middle in Aperture and on the right is by iPhoto. I tried to look for Color Management on iPhoto, I can’t seem to find it. May be other Mac users can advise. In Aperture, I can set the colour management to match with my PS.

Cheers,
    SC
    compare.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of PixarPixar
    Spectator

Hi SC,

Just curious, how do you use the Aperture only for organizer? How is the work flow like?

I have choose Lightroom over Aperture cos it integrates well with CS and is a "true non-destructive".

Regards,
    Alvic

Hi Alvic,

Aperture works well with PS and is non-destructive as well. Here’s what I do:

1) Import selected images into my raw folder (Can be defined in Aperture) and usually I will key in keywords such as location of the shoot, species names, etc.
    2) As Aperture is able to get the preview in JPEG (even you only shoot in RAW), you can review your image immediately without waiting for it to be fully loaded. (Click the button on the lower right, the button will turn yellow)
    3) With this feature, I can immediately review all the selected images and decide with image to edit. I will turn on the loupe feature which work like a magnifying glass to review the details of similar images and select one that have the best details.
    4) After deciding the file to be edited, I will check the WB, exposure to see if I need to make any adjustment.
    5) After all the RAW adjustment, I will do a Command-Shift-O, PS will start and import the RAW as TIFF and I will do my editing in PS. (You will need to predefine your 3rd party editing software at Aperture preference)
    6) After editing the image, I just click save, the edited image will be saved in TIFF format. The latest version of the file will be shown with a tick mark, if you have multiple version, there will be numbered accordingly.

Cheers,
    SC

Profile photo of PixarPixar
    Spectator

Hi SC,

Learn something new today. I’ve read somewhere that Aperture is not "True Non-destructive". Will give Aperture a try.

Thanks for sharing. :kudos thumbsup:

Regards,
    Alvic

Participant

Hi SC,

Thanks for taking the effort to explain the colour problem. I have found the cause. I went to "desaturate" the monitor screen colour. I have de-activated that & it is OK now. Really appreciate your going through great length to help me solve my problem.

Regards

Peter Low

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]