• This topic has 1,170 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LuennyLuenny

Seems like there’s no restrictions stated for this section. So, I’m just going to try my luck and post picture of my pet fish here. Please delete it if it’s no appropriate.

105mm with flash on the side. This is one of the first subjects I shot after getting my DSLR. This is a male (daddy) discus feeding its young 1 week old fries the slime from its body.
    DSC_6033_800.JPG

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Wei Luen,

This is a really nice and interesting shot of the discus. You and Sher Woei need to exchange experience. He has a few tanks of discus offspring. :lol:

BTW, as the forum suggested, anything that is not nature related, as long as not offensive, can be posted here. Posting of pets here is acceptable. ;)

Cheers,
    SC

Profile photo of sleepycatsleepycat

Luenny, the fishy shot is a beauty. :)

Hi Wei Luen,

This is a very nice image, thanks for posting :-)

The little fish are lucky the big fish doesn’t eat them?

Hi all,
    Thanks for the comments. Sher Woei keeps discus as well? Hmm, should talk to him.

Hi Con,
    Nope, the big fish is the father and he doesn’t eat the fries. The parents are very protective of the fries. I’ve got bitten a few times when I was washing the tank. Normally, they would just swim away from your hand, but with fries, they sometimes attack you instead.

Profile photo of Lee, Yan LeongLee, Yan Leong
    Participant

Hi WL

Very nice shot. :)

Cheers

Yan Leong

Profile photo of steplimsteplim

Hi WL,

Lovely fish with small fish, very nice. Are these Discus fish’s babies?
    Now, I will take picture of my fish as well.

Thanks YL and Stephen. Yes, these are the babies. If you take pictures of your fish babies, make sure you don’t disturb the parents too much.

Profile photo of stingReystingRey
    Spectator

WL,
    Nice shot of the Fish tendering the young.
    Can’t imagine how long will it take before the Fries reach the size of the Father. :?:

Profile photo of sherwoeisherwoei

Wei Luen,
    That’s really cool to see the discus lays eggs and baby grow as well. Is it melon? How big is the baby now? Maybe we can exchange some of the breeding experience.

sher woei

Hi Rey and SW,
    Thanks for the comments. It takes about a few months to a year to reach adult size. As for the breed, it’s san merah. I got it from Chan Kok Eng. What strain do you have? They’re 3 to 3.5 inches now. Unfortunately, they’ve got eye bar.

Profile photo of ptleeptlee
    Participant

Pretty colourful and crisp photo of the fish. I just wish the signature wasn’t overwhelming the overall look of the picture though ;)

Nonetheless, good technique in getting it sharp and the details in, shooting through the tank glass.

Cheers.

Profile photo of sherwoeisherwoei

san merah, melon, & snake.

sher woei

Wei Luen,

Interesting behavior of the Discus! Cheers!!
    Yixiong

Hi all,
    Thanks for the comments. Yes, I agree with the signature part. I used to do that last time when I first started shooting DSLR. Was pretty silly thing to do comes to think of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]