• This topic has 445 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Just sharing some sightings of flocks of birds during my trip.

#1 – Bear River Bird Refuge, Brigham City, Utah. If you can imagine this image being shot with a 500mm lens, you would realise how far these birds were…Their cries could be heard faintly and it is so tempting. Public were not allowed access to those ponds (not sure whether the hunters with duck hunting permit were allowed entry or not :huh what: ) … I have no idea what these birds were…..ducks? geese? or other waterfowls?

#2 – Fruita State Park, Fruita, Colorado. This is another faraway scene. The dark "clouds" swirling in the sky was really interesting to watch. It was a huge flock – but by the time I could set my camera on it, most of the birds have rested on the empty tree branches, which you can see at the bottom of the frame. Again, I have no idea of the specie of the birds.

#3 – Idaho Falls, Idaho. The falls are within the Idaho Falls town. Folks come in the evening with their children to feed the geese (mostly), ducks and seagulls even. Lots and lots of geese. :crazy happy: This is just one section of the scene. Interestingly, these Canadian geese like to crowd and stand at the edge of the falls…..Why?? :huh what: I dont know.
    flocks1_LPP1009.jpg
    flocks2_LPP0636-(1).jpg
    flocks3_LPP6582.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of ptleeptlee
    Spectator

Nice, I like #1 & #3.

You went to Idaho Falls? I missed that place, how is it like?

Cheers,
    PTLee

Profile photo of wltpchwltpch

Hi PP
    I like #3!!

Cheers
    Loong Tat

When I looked at the title I said "Great, PP found a birding heaven at her hometown"! :woohoo: …. :D

3rd image is really interesting – Living on the Edge

Cheers,
    SC

Lots of birds, that for sure :!:

Profile photo of tridenttrident

PP,
    Sure is a lot of birds, love #3, wonder if the geese will fall over the edge? :applause:

Profile photo of tanhbtanhb
    Spectator

Birds? Or dust on your sensor?

Profile photo of LuennyLuenny

I like #1 and #3. #2 don’t have that impact as #1. Actually you can see huge flock of birds every evening in Yishun. Probably mynas but still a huge flock. The only problem is they’re surrounded by HOM.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]