• This topic has 357 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ong, Lim SimOng, Lim Sim
    Spectator

This damselfly stretches out its wings sideways when it perches as the Podolestes orientalis does. The shape of the wings is also similar. But the body is much more colourful.
    Regards.
    200906Jun_Nature-Sighting-Web-Copy..jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ong,
    Good catch of this very beautiful damsel. The Id should be Rhinagrion macrocephalum. see the following link for more info on this damsel:

http://odonata-malaysia.blogspot.com/se … -results=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Profile photo of Ong, Lim SimOng, Lim Sim
    Spectator

Hi Anthony,
    Thank you very very very much for taking time to check the id of this damselfly for me.
    Following the link, I got the description of "not easy to bump into", and "(author) only spotted it in the forest of Perak State."
    How lucky I was in Panti Forest! :crazy happy: Should have bought TOTO or Big Sweep that day. (Just joking.)
    Anyway, I definitely would like to visit Panti Forest again with you. our damselfly expert. :kow tow:
    Cheers.

Hi L S,

Nice colour patterns, I missed this one. :cry:

Tony

You are welcome, Ong! What are friends for :cheers: Yes, I think this must be a very rare species and congrats on capturing it. I will certainly make my best effort if Tony organise another panti forest trip soon. Would need to take a lift from you as I am not comfortable driving there yet :smile:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]