• This topic has 424 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hanYeo, Wee Han
    Spectator

Hi all,

Thought this link would be of interest to most of you and it should since we should all be checking our histograms for exposure info.

http://www.oceanlight.com/log/optimal-contrast-and-saturation-settings-for-raw-photographers.html

I tried this out and yes, there is a definite difference to the histogram when the Saturation and Contrast was altered. It also get it closer to what my RAW file appears to be.

There have been arguments that this do not hold true for alot of bodies meaning the histogram will show the RAW file values but my camera has shown otherwise. Thus it may be essential for you to try out before determining anything.

Cheers

Han

thanks for sharing the tip!

Profile photo of erictanerictan

thanks han for sharing… this is indeed useful….
    eric :)

Profile photo of wltpchwltpch

Hi Han
    Great info.
    Newbie question: How do you do the necessary JPEG adjustments in canon cameras?
    Thanks.

Cheers
    Loong Tat

Profile photo of sleepycatsleepycat

Exposing to the right for max details sounds good but wonder are the colours accurately captured with such a doctrine?
    Anyway, very interesting point made by the author…will try it out.

Profile photo of hanYeo, Wee Han
    Spectator

Loong Tat,

For jpegs, you can set them in the Picture Styles Menu which you can customise to your liking.
    For RAW files, you can apply them during Post Processing, just like White Balance.

Cheers

Han

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]