• This topic has 2,011 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Does anyone has experience or recommendation for this region?

Getting a bit paranoid upon reading these posts in naturescapes…

http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=159580

Profile photo of fluffyfluffy

I tried looking at it sometime perhaps around 2003 and then it was under house insurance but the compensation was small maybe 5k or less and hence not worth taking up to me. I tried looking around again in 2007 and although the package was better, but it took only some % of the actual cost, which meant it was not a full compensation, so I did not consider it too.

thanks fluffy for the info….was kinda of afraid that this might the insurance environment here… :oops:

PP,

I asked for a quotation in Singapore before, they will need all my receipts for the equipment which I usually do not keep, so I gave up in the end. I know Vincent (Foong) insured his gears. He lost his brand new D3 and a couple of lenses at Vancouver, the claim process from the local insurance was quite a hassle.

Cheers,
    SC

thanks SC – looks like i am hitting a wall in wanting to get my lens insured…. :sad wave:

Profile photo of jopixTeh, Jolyn

HI

You might really want to consider insuring your camera and accessories.
    I was recently a victim of a theft and lost 2 cameras, lenses, bag, CF cards etc – nearly $6-7K of equipment.
    I only had travel insurance so couldn’t recover the value – at most $1.5k due to the limits imposed on camera equipment (in this case I had two travel insurance policies). I am still awaiting the result of the claim.

You might also take note that travel insurance considers ‘camera’ as inclusive of ALL related items – straps, CF cards, bags, lenses, batteries etc.

The insurance you can consider – Allianz or if you have home insurance (e.g. AIG), you can also tag on to the home insurance.

Profile photo of Olesen, BjornOlesen, Bjorn
    Spectator

Does anyone has experience or recommendation for this region?

Getting a bit paranoid upon reading these posts in naturescapes…

http://www.naturescapes.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=159580

I am getting my stuff insured by Prudential as a special possessions insurance, but the premium is high 1.87%, but understand that they may only do this if you have other insurances with them, in my case house insurance. Not sure whether this helps :?:
    :?

Bjorn

Profile photo of jacquelinajacquelina

What camera takes really sharp high quality images, and is small enough to carry around? I need a really good camera, that takes pictures good enough to photoshop, i dobt wanna get deep in photography since im good at photoshop, my budget: around 500$ or less, and i want one o those semi pro cameras that r in a small size.

Hi,

I think most of the latest cameras are all capable of producing good images, be it Canon, Nikon, Olympus or Sony. All are with pros and cons. With a budget of $500, you may not be able to get the latest camera model, but there are many good 2nd hand camera that are very capable of producing good images. A good 2nd hand D70/D80 from Nikon or 400D/450D from Canon are good choices. Of course getting the camera body is just the first step, the next will be lenses. Depending on the genre of photography that interest you, there are different types of lenses you for you to choose from. Lenses can cost from a few hundred dollars to thousand of dollars.

Having the equipment is only half way there, the next will be learning to use it and maximize its potential which most of us here are still learning until today. ;)

Cheers,
    SC

and i want one o those semi pro cameras that r in a small size.

hi…welcome to npss… :cheers: …..regarding your questions, you probably may want to define your criteria of a "small size" semi pro camera because "small" is a relative term. That may guide others in giving some recommendations.

Have not heard people calling a DSLR set-up as "small"….so just not sure whether you are looking for semi-pro Point & Shoot cameras or a DSLR?.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]