Macro lens + Extension Tube + Teleconveter

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bukitimah bukitimah 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of limcheowtin Lim, Cheow Tin 
    Participant

Hi Friends,

I read some forum from other web site, some photographers use Macro lens (say 50 or 100mm) plus Extension Tube (25mm) plus 1.4x Teleconverter. Is this any good for the macro photgraphy? Any body in NPSS has tried it?

Would like to have your comments. Thanks.

Cheers,
    C T Lim

Profile photo of PA123 PA123 

Hi CT Lim,

I had try it on 180mm len and the FB as follows:

Adv:
    1) Will able to get more than 1:1 image ,
    2) Better focus length than just the ext. tube

Disadv:
    1) The image is soft,
    2) Difficult to focus (darker than normal),
    3) DOF issue

If you would like do it, you should use bigger F stop (F11) and try to take more images at diff focus point for stacking.

Hope this will help.

Profile photo of bukitimah bukitimah 
    Spectator

Dear members,

I have been using Raynox with AFD 50 mm and am quite happy with it. I sometimes add a 1.4 teleplus pro 300 for better distance.

I am thinking of getting the Nikkor 2.8/105mm <span class=”highlight”>Micro</span> AI-S lens since manual focusing is not an issue for macro. Have anyone use this lens and what is the result? Is this a 1:1 macro lens? Understand min focusing distance is around 1 foot.

Profile photo of bukitimah bukitimah 
    Spectator

I think I will stay with my current combination. AFD 50 mm + 1.4 teleconveter + Raynox lens. Thank you for all the feedback.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account