• This topic has 4,446 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LucidaLucida
    Spectator

took this sunrise at mynamar’s inle lake at 6a.m. The weather is freezing cold but i am glad i forced myself to crawl out from the warmth of my bed to face the brutal coldness. I was greeted by the morning mist flowing rapidly across the lake, almost like a fairyland! :D
    inle sunrise.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of tridenttrident

Pegi,
    Haven’t seen you post for a while.
    Anyway this is a very dreamlike image, very beautiful :applause:

Profile photo of Han, HazelHan, Hazel

wow! Very serene and beautiful sight!
    Wish i was there too!

thanks for posting.

Profile photo of LuennyLuenny

Very beautiful indeed!! The mist, the soft light and the fg and slowly fades to black are all very good. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Spectator

Richard,
    yeah, apologise for my absence. i went MIA (missing in action :P ) for a while. travelled to nepal in Nov and myanmar in Dec.
    I hope to shoot and post more this year! :peace:

Hazel,
    wished u were there too! There is no one to share the beautiful morning wif… my roommate was still sleeping when i took the shot! :cry: i was standing there alone wrapped like a fat bundle of clothes, and with gritting teeth and frozen fingers, trying hard to squeeze the shutter release cable! :D

Wei Luen,
    tks for the compliments! yes, the lake offers great conditions for landscape photography. It is still unspolit by tourism, air is fresh the water is clear and the sky is super blue!

cheers
    pegi

Profile photo of wltpchwltpch

Hi Pegi
    Good to see your post again.Been globe-trotting huh? :)
    Beautiful image with amazing colours,composition and mood!Hope to see more!

Cheers
    Loong Tat

Profile photo of sleepycatsleepycat

The mood is just fantastic. :kudos thumbsup:

Profile photo of bluekitebluekite

Hi Pegi,
    I like the tranquil feeling shown by this image. Wah! one month one country, must have seen alot of sceneries.:P
    Cheers,
    Kt

Spectator

Darren,
    tks for viewing and comment.

Loong Tat and KT,
    was just clearing my annual leave.. :P
    yes KT, lots of nice scenery, but my skill are limited :(
    Nonetheless i will try to post more! :peace:

cheers
    pegi

Pegi,
    This is beautiful! I like the transquility feel in the image too. I have no experience shooting landscape. I would be very happy to get this kind of shot. Really look fowarding to see more from your recent trips :smile:

Pegi,

This is :kow tow: :kow tow: :kow tow: standard!
    Glad you sacrifice your sleep! I am blown off by the scene – and you captured it so super well :kudos thumbsup: :kudos thumbsup:

Spectator

Anthony and PP, tks for viewing and comment. PP, if u were there i m sure u r able to snap the same shots too! the actual scene is much beautiful than what i captured in my cam, u have to go there to see wat i mean…i dunno how to describe in words how beautiful it was! :D there is also a wetland bird sanctuary, u may be interested to go!!! :twisted:

cheers
    pegi

Profile photo of wltpchwltpch

Hi Pegi
    "wetland bird sanctuary" magic words :) Pray do elaborate!!

Cheers
    Loong Tat

Spectator

haa :D Loong Tat,
    ok, to elaborate more….
    as our boat glides along the inle lake (2nd largest in Myanmar, surface area 116 km2), i came across a sign board "bird preserve area", and i did see and hear lots of birds but i cannot identify any of them! :D i was told later, that Myanmar has a few popular sites for bird watching, Inle wetland Bird Sanctuary is one of them . Inle lake is at an altitude of 880m, hence (extract from http://www.myanmartravelinformation.com … tching.htm)
    hope the above info is enough to influence your next holiday plans! :twisted:

cheers
    pegi

Profile photo of tanhbtanhb
    Spectator

Oh no. Please don’t poison Loong Tat any further. He is already quite ‘sick’ getting the bird flu. :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]