• This topic has 657 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hanYeo, Wee Han
    Spectator

Hi all,

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/contr … lDetailAct

Canon has released a new consumer model. Looks pretty ok on paper. But with the sensor size and high resolution, I am afraid it will be going back to the 40D vs 50D battle where the 40D is still known to produce less noisy images at high ISOs.

Now, for all those of you who are getting the Canon 500D closeup lens, do not be surprised if the saleman gives you a camera instead… :D :D

Cheers

Han

Wow, Full HD video capture at 1920 x 1080 resolution, that’s pretty good. I will wait for images from high ISO. I think 1DMK4 with 15.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4 Image Processor and video mode will be out soon.

Cheers,
    SC

Profile photo of ptleeptlee
    Participant

SC,

Take note that the full HD capture is only 20fps :? kinda jerky. The 720hd looks pretty ok to me. Yup, Canon usually introduce some new stuff on the lower ends and puts it in the higher end cams to be released.

Han,

If the sales person gives me the camera, I’ll take it and pay the price of the closeup lens :D

Cheers,
    PTLee

Profile photo of JRCJRC

So noisy that it will make an efficient alarm clock. Sorry I could not resist. :D

Cheers
    JR

Profile photo of hanYeo, Wee Han
    Spectator

SC,

As PT has mentioned, the 20fps video will not be very ideal for playback. The 500D however can shoot 720p at 30fps which is much better. How I wish they can really just us 100fps which will give us more than enough frames to do great slow-mo stuff.

JR…..maybe it will silence the 5DM2 and D3s! :o

Cheers

Han

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]