• This topic has 898 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Where do those birds go at night? For Peaceful Dove, they do have a very peaceful life at night…

Peirce Road, Singapore, 5th August 2007, Nikon 70s, with Sigma 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 Zoom lens, handheld..

C & C are welcome!
    Yixiong
    Sleeping doves_npss.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi YiXiong,

Nice documentation of the peaceful dove’s roosting behaviour. I wasn’t aware they roost socially. I wonder if there is a "pecking order"? I have seen 9 Bushy-crested Hornbills roosting on the same branch. The adults take centre, and the juveniles take the outer edges 8-)

Profile photo of sleepycatsleepycat

YX,you woke up the 1st one. :x

Hi YiXiong,

Nice documentation of the peaceful dove’s roosting behaviour. I wasn’t aware they roost socially. I wonder if there is a "pecking order"? I have seen 9 Bushy-crested Hornbills roosting on the same branch. The adults take centre, and the juveniles take the outer edges 8-)

Hi Con,

I have no idea about their pecking order. But the first one seems quite alert compared to others! :smile:

Cheers!
    Yixiong

YX,you woke up the 1st one. :x

I think that guy is the security guard! :D

Cheers!
    Yixiong

Profile photo of LuennyLuenny

Hi YX,
    Nice shot. I didn’t know they have a night watchman to when they’re sleeping? Thanks for sharing.

Profile photo of stingReystingRey
    Spectator

Nice behavior captured.

Wei Luen & Rey,

Thank for viewing and comment!

Cheers!
    Yixiong

Profile photo of hanYeo, Wee Han
    Spectator

Either on night duty or it has mastered the skill of sleeping without its eyes closed! Thanks for this first-timer Yixiong, never seen them like this before!

Cheers

Han

Either on night duty or it has mastered the skill of sleeping without its eyes closed! Thanks for this first-timer Yixiong, never seen them like this before!

Cheers

Han

Han,

Thanks! A good alternative explanation!! :?

Cheers!
    Yixiong

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]