• This topic has 262 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of birdiebirdie

what lenses would you take with you? Bear in mind, you will travelling heck of a lot and covering many continents.

I was at Kruger National Park a couple of years ago, I have 3 lenses with me (in the order of usage):

1) 500mm (mainly for birds)
    2) 100-400mm (mainly for large animals)
    3) 24-70mm (for landscape and people)

Other thing to have on these safari trip is have back up cameras. I brought 3 bodies with me, each attach to one of the lens above. It really made shooting much easier and faster. Also, going for such a long trip, the last thing you want is to have camera fail on you.

Cheers,
    SC

Profile photo of hanYeo, Wee Han
    Spectator

Birdie,

If you are going to be travelling across many continents, I would actually be looking at a very comprehensive list of eqpt. Other than what SC has mentioned which makes perfect sense since you want to reduce lens changes in dusty areas as much as possible, I will also suggest backup lenses. BUT, is this going to be a personal trip or one that is sponsored in some way? What sort of images are you looking at? A NPSS veteran has mentioned to me that he has actually seen some ppl carry point and shoots to safaris in Africa.

Let us know more so that we can provide more detailed answers.

Cheers

Han

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]