• This topic has 1,077 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have 20x Powerex 2700mA and I know how good these batteries are, sometimes after 3 or 4 weeks the batteries are still showing full. I bought another 2 packs (8x) of Powerex batteries 3 weeks ago (just before Fraser’s outing) to add to my "collection" but to my disappointment. these 8 could not hold charge for more than 3 days. I decided to call EastGear yesterday and complained about the batteries. They asked me to bring the batteries down for their technician to have a look. After passing the batteries to their technicians just now, in less than 2 minutes, they gave me 2 packs of new batteries and mentioned that there were batch problems.

If you have recently bought Powerex 2700mA rechargeable batteries with date code 08-07 1W and have problem, you may want to bring your batteries to EastGear for exchange.

Cheers,
    SC

Profile photo of ptleeptlee
    Participant

Thanks for the tip. I was contemplating getting a new set of batteries.

Cheers,
    PTLee

Profile photo of EndyEndy

Thanks for the info SC,

I quite like the product too. It really lasts a long time.

Endy

Profile photo of sleepycatsleepycat

is Powerex much superior than Enelop rechargeable batts?? :?

Profile photo of tanhbtanhb
    Spectator

is Powerex much superior than Enelop rechargeable batts?? :?

Not sure about Enelop. But compare to Sanyo, yes.
    After using Powerex and Sanyo, I promised myself I will stick to Powerex and not any other brand. The gap is BIG.

Profile photo of sleepycatsleepycat

thanks Hwee Boon. I might give Powerex a try after all the endorsements here. ;)

Profile photo of JRCJRC

SC,

Thanks for the info. I have quite a lot of 2700 mA POWEREX batteries, but I cannot find the date code on any of them :huh what:

Cheers
    JR

Profile photo of tridenttrident

I use PowerEx Imedion, rated at 2100, but it can hold charges for a very long time, very much like Enelop.

Profile photo of Olesen, BjornOlesen, Bjorn
    Spectator

Big fan of Powerex …. very long lasting and reliable ….. nice to know that EastGear can give ‘after sales service’. Thanks.

Bjorn

Profile photo of hanYeo, Wee Han
    Spectator

Thanks for the update SC. I have changed almost all my 2700s to the Eneloops and Imedions. The ability to hold their charge even after a few weeks is a big plus for me. BUT the 2700s are definitely more powerful and is my choice if I need to shoot on a regular basis.

Cheers

Han

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]