• This topic has 533 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

The last few days I was at Gopeng checking out the Rajah Brooke sanctuary. There are RB all flying all over the areas. Manage to sight over 100 species of butterflies in the few days there. Will be planning another trip there on 14th to 17th May 2009. The trip will cost S$300 per person inclusive of food, guides and entry to the Rajah Brooke sanctuary. The price also include bus transport to and fro from Singapore. Those interested please get back to me. Will only be able to take a maximum of 10 persons as too big a crowd is difficult to handle.

Will provide more details in a later post if there are good responds. This place is also the sanctuary for the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world. On this trip I did not sight any as they are not blooming.
    Richard

Profile photo of bluekitebluekite

Hi Richard,
    Where is Gopeng?
    Kt

KT, Gopeng is in Perak. It is one of the richest place for butterflies.
    Richard

Profile photo of LuennyLuenny

Wow, very nice. Hmm … let me see if I can go or not.

Profile photo of bluekitebluekite

OK, count me in, Richard.
    Cheers,
    Kt

Thank you KT and Luenny. The place where we will be staying is typically Kampong style. We will be getting breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. If the durians is in season, we will be eating these FREE. Rajah Brooke butterflies can be seen flying all day long. There will be other exortic insects as well. These can even be seen on the compounds where we stayed. Here’s a shot of a single RB male. It is very challenging to replicate the green colours.

Richard

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]