• This topic has 512 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wildlifewildlife

Hi,

This bird was sighted by a friend of mine (a very experienced old-time birdwatcher) last year at JL but nobody else. Furthermore, no one had taken a photo of it but all claims of sightings are base verbal description (without photographic evidence) from my friend.

The bird is believe to be a one-day stayer and hence the reason why after the sighting, no one have seen it after a stretch of 3 weeks from the first sightings. Even in Malaysia, it is considered a "uncommon winter visitor and passage migrant" wild bird[/i]

Profile photo of tridenttrident

Ben,
    Sorry but the link doesn’t link to your picture.
    Link is to yahoo login page.

Profile photo of tanhbtanhb
    Spectator

Hi Ben,

Thanks for sharing with us your sighting. :kudos thumbsup:

I have merged your post in Avian section with this one in Nature Sightings to prevent duplicate post. Sorry about that. :peace:

Profile photo of sleepycatsleepycat

hi Ben,
    congrats on the capture.

Hi all,

Just to update everyone again, paid a visit to the site in afternoon today. The night heron was gone. Checked with some bazooka holders and was told that it was not found since early morning as some of the photographers came in morning and return back in afternoon.

Therefore, it is a case of 2-day stayer. I have combed and scan the whole ground within the fences and the bird was nowhere to be found. Guess his permit has expired and he had to go [/i] :cry:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]