• This topic has 374 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Saw this on vimeo.

Hope we can do something similar on our next trip to Mersing. This guy is shooting 20s exposure f/2.8 @ ISO1600 each minute. The Milky way is just excellent.

Cheers,
    SC

which one is the milky way? :( … (sorry for my apparent low IQ in this)..
    is it the big brown lump almost at the end of the clip?? or are those clouds??? :huh what: :oops:

Profile photo of hanYeo, Wee Han
    Spectator

PP,

The Milky Way is the "cloud" coming up from the left bottom at about 26:00. That should be the area at the centre of the galaxy (where Scorpio and Saggitarius are). Just sweeping the Milky Way with large aperture bino (I will bring a pair for the next trip) is an experience itself!

Timelapses are not tough and all we need are the intervalometers and solid tripods. Exposure is always on Manual mode and fire off. The more frames per second the video has, the smoother the playback.

Cheers

Han

Spectator

Oh and notice the red flashlights that are used, they are for preventing the disrupting of night-adaptation. Our eyes gain "ISO" :D when we remain in the dark for about half an hour. Any bright sources (non-red) that comes by will get rid of it instantly. That is why we can see the Milky Way clearer after a while….our eyes adapted to the darkness.

I will bring red gels for everyone so we can appreciate the nightsky better and unless light painting is taking place, we can leave them on.

Cheers

Han

Thanks Han!!!
    ooooo….looks like LS#2 is really coming very soon……… :crazy happy:

Spectator

I sure hope so, will discuss with the comm and KAE. :peace:

Profile photo of ptleeptlee
    Participant

Awesome time lapse.

Cheers,
    PTLee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]