• This topic has 561 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of erictanerictan

hi,
    just wondering if anyone documented the "right" kind of colour of clothing for birding or macro?
    did remember reading on a certain website, but hope i remembered correctly, that wearing brightly coloured clothing like red is a no no for birding as it will scare the birds away?

so should wear green to camouflage or what colour ?

eric :)

Profile photo of tanhbtanhb
    Spectator

You know what come to my mind?

Your army #4 is the best, camouflage, can also prone on the floor to do low angle shoot, when you come across a mud field you can even walk across it and don’t need to worry your shoes will get wet. But if I wear it most likely I will be too sleepy to do birding. :Sleeping:

Anyway, I think black bring me better luck. :P

Yup, army #4 is the BEST. :D

I would suggest wearing green or earth tone will be better than white or red.

Cheers,
    SC

I also heard that it is better to wear green or darker colour. Not too sure for birding, but for macro, I really don’t care. I wear whatever that I have and that is comfortable. So far, it doesn’t really affect me. So long as you approach the subject slowly and with care, one should have little problem getting close to the subject. I have not tried wearing red colour in the field though as red is not my favourite colour ;)

Profile photo of sleepycatsleepycat

dark green/brown/grey or black for me, most of the time. ;)

Profile photo of rajabrookerajabrooke
    Spectator
    Profile photo of tridenttrident

Les,
    Wearing that will most likely land you in the police station :D :D

I usually wear green or camo, but I noticed that what ever I wear the bird will still fly away :?

no white….that’s all i remember…..

Profile photo of LuennyLuenny

I read or heard from some documentary somewhere that bugs are more sensitive to blue colors as their vision often goes to ultra range. And birds are very sensitive to red – which is why red flowers attract birds. Now, do you know why most red colors doesn’t have smell?

Profile photo of erictanerictan

red attract birds, so wear red to bring the birds closer to you? :D
    or wearing red will get the birds to notice you and so fly away from you?
    eric :)

Profile photo of tanhbtanhb
    Spectator

To some extend what we wear do play a part, another part I think would be our profile, our figure. Anything that look like a human being would scare the bird away. They have learned to relate danger to our profile. So to get close to a bird, don’t look like a man. :D

Profile photo of LuennyLuenny

Birds are sensitive to red, not attracted to it. They can see it much clearer and therefore they will see you easier if you wear red. Same theory with red flowers, it’s not because of the red they are attracted to, it’s the flower. Being red is just easier for them to spot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]