African Pygmy Falcon (Polihierax semitorquatus) 非洲侏隼

• This topic has 542 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Voted by our 6 members panel as the top bird by a large margin. Although it was not on my top three list, it apparently ranked very highly to the rest of our group. It so happens that after a long day in the Kalahari, the 2 older couples were feeling tired and wanted to go back for a rest before another night drive into the Kalahari. My wife decided to go back to the lodge and I was left alone at the perimeter of the park to bird. It was just simply impossible for me to rest when there is a chance to bird after travelling so far to another continent. I was lucky enough to get a shot of this targeted bird and wasted little time to show it off after meeting up with the group later on. One of the member, an Australian was so envious that it commented that he will not step out of Africa until he sees the falcon. The next morning, on the route leaving Kalahari was probably the last chance. The tour leader was putting all his efforts in locating this fella. Nearing a social weaver nest, he did a playback and three of them came out in tandem, as if giving us the last greetings before our departure.

Pygmy Falcon.jpg
    Pygmy Falcon.jpg
    Pygmy Falcon2.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    PA123

Nice looking Falcon. Thank for sharing.

Thanks for viewing.

Tan, Timothy
    Spectator

Hi ST,
    Thank you for the elaborated write-out.
    Hope that one day you can share your wonderful experience face to face in a NPSS meeting.

Cheers,
    Timothy

W3,

Nice bird. You have a very fruitful trip. You might want to consider doing a short write-up of the trip and this might entice some of us to travel there.

W3,

Nice bird. You have a very fruitful trip. You might want to consider doing a short write-up of the trip and this might entice some of us to travel there.

Hi ST,
    Thank you for the elaborated write-out.
    Hope that one day you can share your wonderful experience face to face in a NPSS meeting.

Cheers,
    Timothy

Thanks for viewing. It was indeed a very fruitful trip. The vast land and blue sky of SA made my job really easy, with my below par photographic skills, I did get some really nice pics out there. I hope I will have some time to write more, but the number one job now is to get my sensor to register the migratory ones right now. :P

stingRey
    Spectator

ST,

Nice sets of Falcons.
    Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]