Large-billed Lark (Galerida magnirostris) 长嘴凤头百灵

• This topic has 610 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

There are many type of larks in SA. I find them terribly hard to distinguish and to make things worse, they also have a lark like bunting. The Large-billed Lark is the most easily recognisable one imo.

Large-billed Lark.jpg
    Large-billed Lark2.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

ST,

Nice shots of this bird on very interesting perch

Thanks for viewing.

PA123

Nice shot.

Really interesting images W3 – some nice detail and I actually don’t mind the foliage obscuring a little – looks good to my eye.

Background deserves a comment – such an unusual colour. Gives the image a kind of eerie quality – not a bad thing at all. Out of interest what made the BG so pinkish?

Might be able to improve composition perhaps – for me the framing is a bit too tight in both images – especially above the subject’s head – it feels to me like the subject is being hemmed in by the top of the frame. Just my view!

Nice images!

Olesen, Bjorn
    Spectator

Nice details, colour scheme, and perch. Agree perhaps cropping a bit tight, My preference is No. 1 slightly nicer pose.

:applause:

Really interesting images W3 – some nice detail and I actually don’t mind the foliage obscuring a little – looks good to my eye.

Background deserves a comment – such an unusual colour. Gives the image a kind of eerie quality – not a bad thing at all. Out of interest what made the BG so pinkish?

Might be able to improve composition perhaps – for me the framing is a bit too tight in both images – especially above the subject’s head – it feels to me like the subject is being hemmed in by the top of the frame. Just my view!

Nice images!

Nice details, colour scheme, and perch. Agree perhaps cropping a bit tight, My preference is No. 1 slightly nicer pose.

:applause:

The BG is soil, certain parts of SA are desert like and some sand dunes are actually red. This is by comparison slightly mild. The cropping is a fundamental mistake I should have noticed, Thanks for the reminder. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]