Sinking Moon 沉淀的月亮。。。

• This topic has 972 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sleepycatsleepycat

part 2 of my moonscape shot…in truth the shots were fired off in desperation, as the dark clouds suddenly appeared with the moon rapidly sinking/setting into it. Thought they were going for the recycle bin but Han’s comments make me realise they might be something worth viewing. So here they are.

1. dark clouds begin to appear below the moon.
    Aperture-Priority,1/13sec,f16.0,Partial Metering,USM,
    ISO Speed 100,40D,EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L +2.0TC (Canon),
    tripod, cropped.

2. the moon sinking into the "horizon"…
    Aperture-Priority,0.8sec,f16.0
    Partial Metering,MLU, hardware as above,
    ISO Speed 100,MLU,tripod, cropped tighter.

All C&C welcomed.

pd-max-q-cloud8639_110309.jpg
    pd-175K-horiz8640_110309.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of tridenttrident

D,
    Nice leh, you should post all 3 images together to get the "sinking" feeling. :kudos thumbsup:

Profile photo of LuennyLuenny

How about posting all 3 in reverse order to raise people’s hope?

D,
    Agree with Wei Luen’s idea. It would make it a very nice series.
    I would love to take moon shots but too bad, I am poorer than you, I don’t even have a long lens yet ;)

Darren,

Very nice series of moon shots.

Profile photo of tanhbtanhb
    Spectator

Hi Darren,

This is nice. I can even see the details in the black bg in #2. :kudos thumbsup:

Chew,Hwee Boon, Ant, WL, Richard, thanks for viewing and comments. :)

Thanks WL for the great idea. Below I dedicate to all the people out there who needs hope. :Innocent:

hope-springs-eternal.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of tridenttrident

Yes this is it :applause:

Profile photo of stingReystingRey
    Spectator

Like the 1st shot Bro.
    It’s nice.

Like the 1st shot Bro.
    It’s nice.

thanks Rey for your comment…think its something different from the traditional full moon.
    I think next I’ll look out for other phases of the moon…heard the contrast is better showing the craters better. :razz:

Profile photo of hanYeo, Wee Han
    Spectator

Ahhh! Yes Darren, #1 is exactly what I was talking about. It is way better than a standard full-on shot.

To show the craters better, avoid shooting the full moon. When it is a crescent, it will display the craters well since the shadows are way more prominent. A full moon is like being lit by a frontal flash (the sun)…flat light that has no shadows.

Cheers

Han

Profile photo of steplimsteplim

Hi Darren,

Great moon series! :kudos thumbsup: It real give a uplifting effect view in reverse order especially during current downturn in economy! But just realised that the moon are very white and the sky are very dark. Did you convert the pics to B&W?

Hi Darren,

Like #1 most. Nice :kudos thumbsup:

Cheers,
    sC

Ahhh! Yes Darren, #1 is exactly what I was talking about. It is way better than a standard full-on shot.

To show the craters better, avoid shooting the full moon. When it is a crescent, it will display the craters well since the shadows are way more prominent. A full moon is like being lit by a frontal flash (the sun)…flat light that has no shadows.

Cheers

Han

thanks for sharing…hmmm….but crescent is so slim…hope gibbous phase also has some shadow/highlight. :roll:

Hi Darren,

Great moon series! :kudos thumbsup: It real give a uplifting effect view in reverse order especially during current downturn in economy! But just realised that the moon are very white and the sky are very dark. Did you convert the pics to B&W?

ha…Stephen, I have no stimulus package to hand out to any one and this is the best I can do. :P

I did not outright convert to b/w…sometimes the moon comes out too bluish or warm and so for the "Hope" series, I have to desaturate them or apply some warming/cooling filters….for the originals, I have to brighten the moon a little and increase the contrast so the "terrain" is clearer.

Hi Darren,

Like #1 most. Nice :kudos thumbsup:

Cheers,
    sC

thanks for your appreciation,Fang.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[kleo_social_icons]